Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

A Giant called Rona

     In my chronological One-year Bible, I read about David and Goliath today.  It’s a story every Christian kid has heard.  I’ve seen it multiple times on a flannel board.
   Three months ago, none of us could have imagined the giant that has invaded our world.  Scientists tell us that it is much deadlier than flu or pneumonia, and that no one has an immunity to it.  They tell us  information is “rapidly changing”.  Evidenced by the inconsistencies we hear daily:   wear a mask, don’t;  it’s airborne,  it’s not;  hydrosomething or other works,  no it doesn’t.  Who knows what to believe?   I must say with Gideon, “if the LORD is with us, why has all this happened to us? And where are all the miracles our ancestors told us about?”
    I do not know how unbelievers are getting through this.  I know believers are struggling.  On any given day, I struggle.  My Bible has become a more constant companion to me these days.  I need to hear from God and since He’s never spoken to me in audible voice, I have to trust previous writings from His Word.
   I’m reminded today of David’s reply to Goliath’s taunting, “ You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of Heaven’s Armies—the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. Today the LORD will conquer you. . .  and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel!”
   It’s time for the whole world to know that there is a God in America. Dr. Tony Evans’ sermon yesterday likened America to Sodom and Gomorrah.  His point was that Abraham was unable to find “10 righteous people” in the cities.  There might have been 1000 righteous people in the city but Abraham couldn’t FIND them.  Dr. Evans wondered aloud if that was our problem.  We are here, hidden behind the four walls of our churches.  In our efforts to “reach the world” we have blurred the lines of right and wrong.  To show our tolerance and great “love” for our neighbor, we have closed our eyes to blatant sin. We tolerate and support Hollywood’s disdain for our beliefs.  I am convicted.  If Abraham came to Denver today in search of righteous men and women,  would he find me? 


Thinkin’ on that today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment