Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Road Trip

  I’ve been out of pocket for a few weeks. Spent my annual week at Royal Family Kid’s Camp in Missouri (see forthechildren.org for more info),  attended an anniversary celebration for my cousin,  had some quality time with extended family and good eating with friends. I drove over two thousand miles in 17 days. A trip I’ve done several times before. As I planned my return, I mapped a different route from OKC to Denver, but circumstances sent me back to boring, flat land I35 to I70 across Kansas. It was the same scenery;  the same gas station stops and the drive through at Steak n Shake in Goodland. The obligatory stop at the last Braums before Colorado in Salina, Kansas, and decision to take backroad 83 instead of 70 into downtown Denver. It was the usual road trip.

  How many times do we take the same way to work every day,  the same road to our summer cabin,  the same itinerary  to Grandma’s house,  same street,  same turns, same stoplights? Most of us travel the same route day after day. It’s familiar, it’s easy and the car practically drives itself.

  Last year I was bored with the “same ole” when it came to Bible reading. That’s why I wrote Inside Story: 52 Weeks in the Word. (See https:TonyaAnn.com). I was looking for different. A different trek through the same ancient words. A reader recently messaged me that she was using Inside Story for her year’s Bible reading. “It’s as though I’m on a journey that I’ve been on many times but taking a different route. So many new and interesting things to see,” she said.

   If you’ve never read the Bible completely before,  try the genre reading plan. You won’t get stuck in the wilderness right away;  you’ll get some breathing room in heavy prophecy, and you’ll find Jesus in every book.

   If you are an avid Bible reader,  it’s time for a different route through familiar territory.

     Inside Story is undated so can be started with your school year,  your birthday,  your fall Bible study group or TODAY! Ask for it at your favorite Indie bookstore or log in to Amazon prime!

Keep Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment